Kembara Seorang Lautan Darah (Bab 07: My Name Is Azila, Thalassamia's patient)

Hi, my name is Azila, 23 years old & from Malaysia, a beta-Thalassaemia Intermedia patient with dependent blood transfusion. Thalassaemia is a blood disorder that produces either no or too little haemoglobin. Haemoglobin is a substance in red blood cells that carry oxygen around the body. It’s already 19 years since the first time I go to the hospital

Every 6 or 8 weeks I’ll go to hospital for blood transfusion but its depend on my activity because sometimes come only after once a month but there is time I can survive until 3 months. I need blood transfusion for the rest of my life so bless all blood donors because they are heroes. I consume folic acid, calcium & deferiprone everyday. Get 8 hours desferal injection every four times per-week. Deferiprone & desferal used by Thalassaemia patients to make iron in our body normal to avoid organ failure since our body can’t process iron like others. Because of my routine to the hospital & sometimes get really sick, I always absent from my class. My worst condition is on 2012 during my pre-university year.  I need to undergo with 2 major surgeries in just 2 months different when there is pus in my liver & gallstones in my bile.

To be honest in my place, majority of my Thalassaemia friends, life just home-hospital-home, but not for me because I want to live happily enjoy every single moment. So that’s why I decided to pursue my studies as far as I can & currently I’m taking bachelor degree in Interpersonal Communication. It’s a major risk that I take to fly & live alone far away from my family & hometown. I need to be independent & strong in every challenge that I face. I admit that there is a time I’m totally broke down & tears is my loyal friend when situation become so hard. But yet so far, I already survive for two years in the university. Starting this year on March, it will be final year for my degree. Really hope graduate on time so I can continue my studies in Masters next year becoz I’ll never let anyone or anything to stop me from achieve my dreams

#thalassaemiaintermedia #thalassaemia #thalassemia #thalassemiamylifelongcompanion

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kertas Cadangan PBS Sejarah STPM 2013 (Sejarah Perubatan dan Kesihatan)

Kembara Seorang Lautan Darah (Bab 06: #UnitedForBlood)

Warkah Buat Sahabat No.1 Di Carta Hatiku