Kembara Seorang Lautan Darah (Bab 08: #UnitedForBlood Part 02)

A lovely words from @azureenazman (Instagram) ❤
Before the actual event day, shamely i must say I didn't even understand the struggle that a thalassaemia's intermedia have to face.

Then suddenly a girl from my faculty which happens to be a thalassaemia intermedia were rushed to hospital for lack of blood. I was so scared becoz it was my first time hearing a person do not have enough blood in their own body (not due to accident). Then there she was, calmly said that it was normal for her because it was some sort of monthly 'thing', blood transfusion & having to consume medication on daily basis.

Fast forward to our Sabah's trip. We  were so lucky by having the advantage to visit other thalassaemia intermedia. I was so amused by the fact that most of them look just like her, small figure & even the face are similar looking. After chatting with just two of them, I must say I am amazed by the girl from my faculty. For others, life was just home-hospital-home, but she refuses to do so.

It is a major risk taking having to fly & live far away from her hometown where she can meet her comfort. She decided that she won't let herself having the thought of just live to die. She wants to live life to the fullest and happily enjoy Every moment.

To @misssnar , you are one brave & strong girl. I learn a lot about life through our conversation. Thank you for helping us & enlighten us more about thalassaemia. I adore your spirit & willpower. Keep your chin up because you justify the power of positive thoughts.

And to everyone out there who actually read this long caption. You guys are awesome too. Just spend a little bit of your precious time to read more about thalassaemia & what it could do to the patients. Only then you will understand how i feel.

Please be mindful of your surroundings and start donating your blood. The best gift that you can deliver to people is the gift of lives. It may seem simple but it is huge for them. Blood donors are one of the reasons that the could live longer & enjoy life.

I quote this from someone (can't remember his name), "people always ask me how an average like me can do changes in my country, I will simply said just donate your blood it help a lot"

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kertas Cadangan PBS Sejarah STPM 2013 (Sejarah Perubatan dan Kesihatan)

Kembara Seorang Lautan Darah (Bab 06: #UnitedForBlood)

Warkah Buat Sahabat No.1 Di Carta Hatiku